On My Mind
It is difficult to find the right words to express exactly how complexly horrible the attack on the nightclub Pulse really was. And as much as I want to, I am fighting the urge to turn this post into a lecture about violence. To be honest, I don’t think I’m really ready to appropriately discuss it anyway.
Instead, I want to have something to show my support for the LGBT+ community and those affected by this violence. Perhaps too silent a form of support, for my preferences, but it is in the very least a visible one. And I want to share the pattern with you all in case you want to make one too: A Pulse logo.
- Use a size “K” hook for the main cozy and a size “G” hook for the oval piece
- light grey and black yarns
- tapestry needle
I decided to place my Pulse logo onto a few coffee cozies so I can use it regularly, since I drink hot drinks often when I go out.
Instructions for a basic cozy can be found HERE, be sure to just use the instructions for the cozy and not the Fantastic Four logo (of course). You can make it in black yarn, to match the background color the the Pulse logo.
Instructions for the LGBT rainbow cozy can be found HERE. I have other LGBT cozy patterns HERE. If there is an LGBT+ flag cozy you don’t see but would like the pattern, please message me; I’ll try to make time to fill requests.
The Oval Piece
Instructions for the oval piece: (Use size “G” hook and light grey yarn)
1. Ch 10
2. Hdc 2 in the 3rd ch from the hook. Hdc 2 in the next 2 chs. Dc 2 in the next 2 chs. Hdc 2 in the next 2 chs.
3. Hdc 5 in the last st, making sure to rotate the piece so the sts fan out and then the foundation ch is on the top.
4. Hdc 2 in the first 2 sts on this side. Dc 2 in the next 2 sts. Hdc 2 in the next 2 sts. Hdc 2 in the last st to finish the fan-end. Sl st to the first ch to close the round.
5. Ch 2, turn (counts as your first hdc). Hdc 2 in the first st. Hdc 4 in the next 4 sts. Dc 2 in the next 2 sts (tey wil be the dc of the previous rnd). Hdc 4 in the next 4 sts.
6. Hdc 3 in the next st. (the st on the end of the piece). Be sure to rotate the piece to start working on the other side.
7. Hdc 4 in the next 4 sts. Dc 2 in the next 2 sts (the dcs of this side). Hdc 4 in the next 4 sts. Hdc 1 in the first st again. Sl st to the 2-ch post that started the rnd. End off.
With your oval piece made and about 1 yard of black yarn on your tapestry needle. Using any stitch you prefer, embroider on the letter “P” for Pulse onto the angled oval. In my case, I used a chain stitch.
Using about 1 yard of your light grey yarn on your tapestry needle, stitch your Pulse logo onto your coffee cozy. Remember to slightly tilt it so that it matches the Pulse nightclub logo and straightens out your “P”.
Ready For Use
Make as many as you want. I encourage you to give hem away to friends and family. The visibility of support can help more than we realize sometimes.
Remember to leave me any comment or questions below.