Star Wars Crochet Cozy Series – Part 12 – Wampa
A Little More Simple
Hi crafters! I needed to make a more simple crochet pattern this week. It helps to de-stress if I can stick with something easier for a little bit. So this week I give you the Star Wars creature: the Wampa!
It’s a very minimalist design, just the horns and the fuzzy body (that’s my favorite part). I remember watching The Empire Strikes Back with my big brother. I can’t definitely say that I remember the first time seeing this film, but I definitely remember seeing the Wampa the first time, and every time after that. Although, I suppose it’ll be ore accurate to say that remember the Wampa roar, a blur of the hairy body coming towards Luke, and then closing my eyes and hearing the rest. Lol! At least it didn’t scare me as badly as the Rancor.
Let’s jump right into it!
- Sizes “K” and “G” hooks
- Worsted Weight yarn in desired colors
- Tapestry needle
- 4 Stitch markers
Yarns I Used:
- Purl Essence Beautiful
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in taupe
Notes and Abbreviations
- St(s) = stitch(es)
- Ch(s) = chain(s)
- Sl st = slip stitch
- Sc(s) = single crochet(s)
- Hdc(s) = half double crochet(s)
- Dc(s) = double crochet(s)
- Tr(s) = treble crochet(s)
- Rep = repeat
- Rnd(s) = round(s)
- Inc = increase
- This cozy is made in 3 piece: the cozy (body) and 2 horns.
- Numbers at the end of the instructions: In square brackets “[ ]” will be the total stitch count for that row/round.
- The first chain in each row/round does not count as your first stitch, so don’t skip your first stitch.
- An increase is 2 stitches made in the same stitch
Crochet Wampa Coffee Cozy Pattern
Instructions for the Main Cozy (use the “K” hook; use the fuzzy yarn)
1. Ch 22, sl st the ends together to create a loop. [21 sts]
2. Ch 1, turn. Sc 21 around. [21 sts]
3. Rep R2 [21 sts]
4. Rep R2 [21 sts]
5. Ch 1, turn. *Inc 1, sc 6.* Rep from * to * two more times around. End off. [inc rnd to 24 sts]
6. Ch 1, turn. Sc 24 around. [24 sts]
7. Rep R6 [24 sts]
8. Rep R6 [24 sts]
9. Ch 1, turn. *Inc 1, sc 7.* Rep from * to * two more times around. End off. [inc rnd to 27 sts]
10. Ch 1, turn. Sc 27 around. [27 sts]
11. Rep R10 [27 sts]
12. Rep R10. End off. [27 sts]
Instructions for the Horns (make 2; use the “G” hook; use the taupe yarn)
1. Ch 11.
2. Sc 1 in the 2nd st from the hook. Sc 1 in the next. Hdc 1, hdc 2 in the next st, dc 1, dc 2 in the next st. Tr 2 in the next 2 sts. Tr 2 in the next st.
3. Tr 6 in the last st, rotating around as you go to face the other side.
4. Tr 1, dc 1, dc 2 together (a decrease), dc 1, hdc 2 in the next 2 sts, sc 2 in the last 2 sts. End off.
Attaching the Pieces
Using your stitch makers, attach the horns, with the narrow end pointing towards the front, to the cozy. With 1 1/2 yards of taupe yarn attach the horns to the main cozy.
And you’re done! Go forth and have some coffee with your Wampa cozy!