Star Wars Crochet Cozy Series – Part 4 – Princess Leia
Crochet Princess Leia Coffee Cozy Pattern
Hello fellow crafters. I’m back to share with you guys another Star Wars pattern. Let’s just hop right into it. This week’s pattern is Princess Leia themed! Specifically, the iconic double hair buns outfit from Episode IV: A New Hope.
- Sizes “K” and “G” hooks
- Worsted Weight yarn in desired colors
- Tapestry needle
- 1 Stitch marker
Yarns I Used:
- Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in white
- Patons Metallic in Platinum (silver)
- lion Brand Wool-Ease in Fisherman (soft peach/skin tone)
- Lion Brand Heartland in Sequoia (brown)
Notes and Abbreviations
- St(s) = stitch(es)
- Ch(s) = chain(s)
- Sl st = slip stitch
- Sc(s) = single crochet(s)
- Rep = repeat
- Rnd(s) = round(s)
- Inc = increase
- Dec = decrease
- BLO = back loop only
- This cozy is made in 3 separate pieces: the cozy (body) and 2 bun pieces
- Numbers at the end of the instructions: In square brackets “[ ]” will be the total stitch count for that row/round.
- The first chain in each row/round does not count as your first stitch, so don’t skip your first stitch.
- The buns will be worked in spiral rounds; this means they will not have the usual “ch 1, turn” instructions at the beginning of each round.
- An increase is 2 stitches made in the same stitch. And a decrease is joining 2 stitches together.
Instructions for the Princess Leia Coffee Cozy
Instructions for the cozy: (use all colors; use the “K” hook)
1. In White, ch 22, sl st the ends together to create a loop. [21 sts]
2. Ch 1, turn. Sc 21 around. [21 sts]
3. Rep R2 [21 sts]
4. Rep R2 [21 sts]
5. Rep R2 [21 sts]
6. Rep R2 [21 sts]
7. In Silver, ch 1, turn. *Inc 1, sc 6.* Rep from * to * two more times around. End off. [inc rnd to 24 sts]
8. In White, ch 1, turn. In the BLO sc 24 around, sl st to the first sc of the rnd. (Sc’ing in the BLO will allow you to leave a small rim all around the silver row) [24 sts]
9. In both loops, Rep R8 [24 sts]
10. In both loops, Rep R8 [24 sts]
11. In both loops, Rep R8. End off. [24 sts]
12. In Skin Tone, ch 1, turn. *Inc 1, sc 7*. Rep from * to * two more times around, sl st to the first sc of the rnd. [inc rnd to 27 sts]
13. Ch 1, turn. Sc 27 around, sl st to the first sc of the rnd. [27 sts]
14. Rep R13 [27 sts]
15. In Brown, Rep R13 [27 sts]
16. Rep R13. End off. [27 sts]
Instructions for the buns: (use brown to make 2 buns; use the “G” hook)
1. Ch 2
2. Sc 6 in the second ch from the hook. Use the stitch-marker to mark the first st in each rnd. [6 sts]
3. Sc 2 in each st around. [12 sts]
4. *Inc 1, sc 1*. Rep from * to * 5 more times. [18 sts]
5. *Inc 1, sc 2*. Rep from * to * 5 more times. [24 sts]
6. *Dec 1, sc 2*. Rep from * to * 5 more times. [18 sts]
7. *Dec 1, sc 1*. Rep from * to * 5 more times. [12 sts]
8. Dec 6 times around. End off. [6 sts]
Attaching the Pieces
Using your tapestry needle, grab about 1 to 1 1/2 yards of brown yarn to attach the buns to the cozy. Flatten the cozy so that the seam is in the back and lined up with the center of the front. You’ll place each bun about 1/2 an inch in front of the halfway point; basically more towards the front of the cozy than the back. Sew them on using your tapestry needle and weave in the ends.
And you’re done! You now have a Princess Leia Crochet Coffee Cozy to take with you to the premiere of the newest Star Wars film: The Force Awakens. Time for coffee. Remember to leave me a comment or any questions below. You can also find me at the Family Craft Studio facebook, tumblr, and instagram pages. Happy crafting!